Security Operations Center (SOC) EngineerOur multinational client is a pan-European medical services provider. To their growing team we are looking for a Security Operations Center Engineer.
This position will report to the Security Operations Center Manager in the Information Security Division, supporting both corporate and product environments. Join the group on a next generation SOC Team applying cutting-edge security technology for network, mobile, cloud and endpoint going beyond just logs to getting in front of trends in security response.
- Responsible for log analysis, event triage and investigation, and security incident response activities.
- Conduct investigation and uncover issues by analyzing security events and coordinating response activities.
- Drive monitoring of security events using a SIEM and other feeds, looking for significant events, and processing reports of unexpected network activity.
- Triage of escalated security events, in depth event review and analysis where appropriate including ability to troubleshoot an event, research the potential cause, and recommend a course of action.
- Use threat intelligence to hunt for indications of compromise in log data and utilizing endpoint security tools.
- Incident response activities, including written and verbal communication with stakeholders.
- Schedule and run “after action” reviews of completed incident response activities.
- Identification and tracking of security improvements identified during incidents or as part of a review.
- Document and communicate repeatable processes and procedures for Incident Response based on best practices.
- Associates Degree from an accredited institution or an equivalent combination of education, certification, and experience
- 2-3 years direct work experience in an IT-related position;
- Experience in the following areas: SIEM; Vulnerability Management; Email security; Endpoint security; Identity and Access Management; Network Security (Firewall, IPS, Web Filtering, Application Inspection, SSL Inspection, AAA);TCP/IP, LAN, WLAN and WAN networking;DLP;Cryptography and key management
- Must possess a strong customer service mindset
- Experience working with customers via the phone
- Deep understanding of how IT components interact and depend upon one another including network systems, server systems, applications, databases, and storage systems
- Familiarity with IP networking required
- Ability to independently manage parallel tasks and document resolutions
- Attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality
- Linux & Windows operational experience required
- Experienced with using trouble ticketing systems
- Familiar with following Languages: HTML, C++, Java, Perl, Python and PHP Scripts.
- Familiar with Pentesting tools
- Modern working environment
- Exceptional compensation package
- Professional development
- Work in a young, dynamic team in a well-established, international company
How to apply
Filling in the online registration form and uploadig CV via the Randstad website
+36 30 981 0054
+36 30 981 0054
Lövőház utca 39., Millenáris irodaház 2. emelet, 1024 Budapest