Head of Repair Operation (m/f)
Lufthansa Technik Miskolc (LTMC) is part of the Lufthansa Technik Group. It will be the newest facility in the international Engine Parts and Accessories Repair (EPAR) network. Start of operations is scheduled for 2022.
If you would like to be part of our growing, dynamic aviation business, then joining our team as Head of Repair Operation could be the perfect opportunity for you.
- You build and ramp-up the repair operation of a new shop for a defined product range incl. required infrastructure, repair processes and production planning system (including operational processes, layout, machine specifications, ops organization).
- You hire, train and lead up to 300 operative employees.
- The development of a training program in collaboration with HR is one of your tasks.
- You manage the repair operation and logistics function to ensure that the delivery of customer orders is in line with agreed production budget, cost and quality KPI.
- You exploit synergies between production lines and balance their priorities.
- You ensure that all statutory requirements are met with regard to health and safety requirements.
- The organisation and management of the overall maintenance programme including planned preventative maintenance and rapid response to emergency maintenance is one of your further responsibilities.
- You implement continuous improvement processes with regards to cost, quality, health & safety.
- Setting specific goals and measuring systems for each function within operations is a further task for the Head of Repair Operation.
- You are responsible for the achievement of the business targets including labor, machine efficiencies, effectiveness and utilization.
- You ensure that new repairs are introduced on time and within budget.
- You have the possibility to lead other projects.
- Academic degree in a relevant subject (preferably manufacturing engineering)
- A minimum of 10 years working in a manufacturing/engineering related role with 3-5 years in leadership positions
- Experience in the field of aircraft engine parts repair required
- Expertise in complex production organization
- Fluent proficiency in spoken and written English
- Strong team leadership and motivation skills as well as problem solving ability in a rapidly changing environment
- Highly ambitious, motivated, energetic, enthusiastic self-starter
- Self-driven and capable of working with the peer group to achieve agreed management targets
- Willingness to travel extensively, especially during the initial phase of familiarization with LHT’s operating systems
About Lufthansa Technik Miskolc Kft.
Lufthansa Technik Miskolc (LTMC) is part of the Lufthansa Technik Group and the new company for Repair and Overhaul of Engine Parts in Hungary. The new EPAR location (Engine Parts & Accessories Repair) will employ around 400 employees. LTMC will be building the new site on an area of almost 20,000 square meters. The start of construction at the new location is planned for 2021 and start of operations will be in 2022. The success of LTMC will be built on its people. Our employees are fundamental to our organisation as they ensure that we meet our customer needs. In particular, delivering products of the highest quality standard, in the shortest possible turnaround time and at a competitive cost. It is the company's goal that through the dedicated teamwork of all employees, the ongoing investment in equipment, training and product development, LTMC will achieve a leading position in the engine parts repair business. The initial on the job training and further education of the first employees will start as early as 2020. It will largely take place within the existing Lufthansa Technik EPAR network with locations in Germany and Ireland.www.lufthansa-technik.com/lht-miskolc
If this is you, please apply online.