- Responsible for design, development, implementation, and analysis of technical products and systems.
- Performs engineering design evaluations. May develop a range of products.
- Recommends alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
- Position is responsible for preparing detailed drawings of new and existing product components. Makes changes to existing details and assemblies.
- Updates drawings and incorporates changes in design and requested.
- May work with other engineering design personnel in the preparation of designs and design changes, necessitated by general manufacturing problems and/or customer requirements.
- Sets up and operates all types of machine tools to perform difficult and exacting operations.
- Analyze drawings and prints using a high degree of originality an imagination to visualize the part and determine appropriate materials.
- When only rough drawings are provided, position must work out part dimensions, fits, clearances, contours, reference points, etc.
- Designs/works with revised production prints in relation to engineering changes.
- Coordinates with other engineering (product, manufacturing, process) functions.
- work in evnironment of international automotive company,
- work in dynamic team.
Requirements for the employee
University education (Master's degree)
Specialisation, field: Technical university - designing.
Language skills: English - advanced and German - basic
Computer skills - user: Microsoft Windows - advanced Internet (e-mail, www) - advanced AutoCAD - advanced CATIA - basic Pro/ENGINEER - advanced
Personality requirements and skills
- Knowledge required of CAD/CAM tools and specific customer design packages - advantage.
- Knowledge of german language - advantage.
- Experience in automotive, production business - advantage.
- Experience in seat designing - advantage.
- Experience in parts designing min. 1 year.
Brief description of the company
Lear was founded in 1917 in Detroit as American Metal Products, a manufacturer of tubular, welded and stamped assemblies for the automotive and aircraft industries. Lear has grown to meet the changing needs of the industry with 18 major acquisitions since 1994, when Lear went public. Today, the company provides complete seat systems, electronic products and electrical distribution systems and other interior products. The company's world-class products are designed, engineered and manufactured by a diverse team of about 90,000 employees at 242 locations in 33 countries.
Main focus of the company's activities
Automotive Industry, Vehicle Manufacturing
Information about the selection process
Expected date of completion of the selection process: 31 December 2013
Uchádzačov prosíme, aby svoje žiadosti a CV v anglickom jazyku posielali na uvedenú e-mailovú alebo poštovú adresu. Do predmetu alebo na obálku prosíme uviesť názov pozície.